Monday, May 2, 2011

Ok, Ok...I'll find something to blog about!

Obligatory "sorry I haven't posted in a million years" paragraph: I wish that I could just say, "Our life has been boring and normal, and I have absolutely nothing to blog about." But, we all know that is not true. I've just been a lazy blogging bum (not including working fabulously hard and losing 9lbs so far in my weight loss competition, of course).

But, we have some exciting news....well...it's excited if you're a dorky mom, like I apparently am! WE BOUGHT A MINIVAN! Oh yes. We did. I told my mom that I now feel this camaraderie with with all over van drivers. She just laughed at me. But it's true. I'm in the Minivan Club now. And my family would be way more excited to plan a fun and comfortable road trip if gas wasn't over $4/gallon!!!

Also, Gizmo has FIVE teeth now. He crawls at the speed of light. He pulls himself up to standing. And he can walk with support. Seriously, wasn't that kid just born five minutes ago? I don't understand how it is even possible that he is as grown up as he is!

Speaking of THAT...we just celebrated Bug's THIRD birthday yesterday. I think I might be living in a warped dimension. He loves the gifts he got....a tricycle (from Grandma and Grandpa T), a dinosaur puzzle, train whistle, canteen, new outfits (from Grandma Marty and Grandpa Mike), and a "You-bot" (which is Bug-speak for robot) backpack from Mommy and Daddy. He puts everything he can into the backpack to carry around...unfortunately, his bike doesn't fit.

So, tonight, when I was making dinner, the boys were playing together in the cabinets. Sometimes they play nicely. That is so refreshing. And they were doing just that. I heard Bug saying prayers. (They are almost always the same, "He'y Fodder. Day. Foo'. Jee Cwhyst, Uh-men.") I looked over and saw Bug putting his hands on Gizmo's head while he was saying his prayers. Then Bug excitedly exclaimed, "[Gizmo]! Prayer! A head!" Bug was definitely giving Gizmo a "blessing". Abso-stinkin-lutely hilarious! I guess he knows it is his divine nature to become a holder of the priesthood!

3 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Ah that is really sweet! What a great kid! And I'm glad he has the same cars sandals as Andrew :)
Welcome to the minivan club!!! Now we can hang out!!
Congrats on the 9 pounds! Wanna start doing zumba with us? It's mon wed and fri from 9 thirty to 10:30. I think it's only 3 bucks if you come with a member.

Mimi Collett said...

aww the blessing is so sweet!

And welcome to the mini van club! I totally know how you feel! I still joke that buying a mini van is what really made me a mother. Ha.

Congrats on the nine pounds!!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Oh Mallory! How delightful! Three year-olds are my FAVORITE age. They are so wonderfully, wacky innocent. We are expecting our second grandbaby this summer and I can't wait to have another one that age. FYI: While we have been in England for a year, I laid off Mona's Gospel Musings, but I'm writing there again every Sunday and I miss you. With my release as RS President here (very intense), I'm looking so forward to following my favorite blogs again like yours. I'm also a contributor now at Mormon Mommy blogs, so we'll maybe meet up there too. Enjoy your banditos, and I wonder: when do we grow out of the mini-van stage? We still have one sitting at home in the states and I can't imagine giving it up! http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com/