Thursday, September 17, 2009

Somersault

Bug often bends over while standing and puts his head and hands right on the ground by his feet. I always try to get him to do a somersault, because he is so close to doing one on his own. All it will take is a little push from his feet, and then he will be able to do it all by himself.

We all know how well kids learn by example. So, I helped Bug do a couple somersaults. Then...I tried to do one myself. I guess, technically, I succeeded. But, holy mackerel, I think I nearly broke my body! I never thought of myself as "getting old"...most people still think of me as a baby! But I can tell you one thing: my tumbling days are behind me!

3 comments:

Rachel Sue said...

It really is once you have kids and try to act like them that you realize how old you are. Just wait until you try a cartwheel. I don't even want to talk about it. . .

Mimi Collett said...

hehe wow I haven't attempted a somersault in a while. I'm not sure I want to know what would happen!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

shoulda got that on video:)