Monday, December 21, 2009

Top Ten Reasons Why....

So, I wrote the best post over a MONTH ago. I had this post all planned out prematurely, because I thought it would be really cute. But what I conceived would be the situation, didn't really fit the situation. I have re-written the post completely on the sperm of the moment. And I have impregnated it with a lot more hilarity than I had originally planned. In fact, I may be pushing it a little bit!

May I present to you the Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Not Write A Blog Post About Something That Hasn't Happened Yet. (I know, it's a mouthful of a Top Ten list!)

10. You are likely to get the date wrong.

9. It hasn't happened...yet.

8. All the funny things you wrote in the post actually had nothing (kind of) to do with the topic of the post.

7. It hasn't happened...yet.

6. No matter how great the post is, it doesn't matter unless you can see the future.

5. It hasn't happened...yet.

4. It might make you cry when you realize it hasn't happened yet.

3. It hasn't happened...yet.

2. You would feel like an idiot if you went ahead and posted it, even though it hadn't happened yet.

And the Number 1 Reason Why.....(I'm not going to type the whole thing out. Honestly, it's just ridiculous!) ....is: It is always better to write a post about something AFTER it has happened!

But wait, you weren't expecting that to be the end of this post, were you?? You all want to know what I had developed in that other post, don't you??

Well, my old post was the Top Ten Reasons Why I Might Be Pregnant.  But all those reasons (as I was getting really excited) ended up being just plain, old PMS. This month, however, there were no signs. (Ok, there were signs, but I would have to do a whole post about FAM before I could share them!) The whole post I had formulated, the one that I thought would be so adorable to make a big announcement, didn't fit when it actually came time for that big announcement!

So, without further ado, I am pleased to announce that I am gestating a speck! Soon it will be more than a speck. Soon, as in around September, I will have baby number two! I couldn't be more pleased!


Here is my (prematurely written/consequently edited) post on hope during infertility.

10 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

congrats! that is so exciting!

Scotty said...

I take the blame... lol...

Hercules Family said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you!! That is great! Two kids are a lot of fun! Mel was cute and said she might start trying this next summer and as soon as the doc. gives me the OK we will too, so maybe there will be 3 new Patton babies within a year! Good luck with everything!

Veronica said...

YAY!!!!!!! We will be preggers together!!! I am so excited for you! Congrats, congrats, congrats! And Grandma was beginning to think she wasn't getting any great-grand babies next year!

Melinda said...

Whoo hoo! CONGRATS!! I actually thought this post was quite fun and quite hilarious, so it all works out! haha

Jenni said...

you should add the tag "mom did it" LOL!!

congrats! I love pregnancy and babies :)

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

congratulations mallory!!!!!
i am so happy for you!!!
how wonderful!! what awesome news!

bout the top 10 reasons... i totally agree... like when i was writing about singing a solo in the christmas program, immediately after i posted i was like "what if i reherse and the choir director doesn't like it and i end up not doing it- how embarassing!" lol so i totally agree :)

now a question... are you going to continue nursing benji while you are pregnant? shoot me an email or leave a comment cuz i really have been wondering about how that would work- for anyone, not just you.

thanks mal and good luck

Mimi Collett said...

WAHOOOOOOOO! :)

Anonymous said...

YAHOO!!! Very exciting! Here's to wishing you have a very BLESSED pregnancy! Way to beget! LOL

3T's said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!! We are SO excited for you guys!!!