Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My Little Helper

I actually like vacuuming. I just don't do it very often. Probably because I have to rearrange the whole house just to vacuum. I -must- move everything and vacuum underneath it....except the really big stuff...like the couch.

I don't like it when my husband vacuums. Which is probably why he doesn't do it very often. He just goes around what is on the floor, and rarely moves anything. Except maybe the toys. Yeah, he usually cleans up the toys first.

But, living with a toddler means you HAVE to vacuum at least, oh, I'd say at least once a month. Or every two weeks, I guess. In the meantime, there can be quite the accumulation of dried -er- food...items, underneath the toddler's high chair.

I have found that the best way to take care of this problem in between regularly scheduled vacuuming, is to have a toddler (which, is obviously taken care of, or you wouldn't have this problem in the first place) and a hand held vacuum cleaner.

All you do is give the toddler the vacuum, direct him to underneath the table, and tell him to suck up all the "yuckies". If he doesn't seem interested (unlikely), offer to give him some yummy juice, if he sucks up all the "yuckies".

Works like a charm!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Vacuuming is one of my little girl's favorite chores. She just turned three and we don't have a hand vac so she tries to wield the big one. She actually doesn't do too bad. I have to help her steer every once in awhile. She also loves doing the baseboards with the extensions.

over from mmb
www.keepmovingforwardwithme.blogspot.com

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

omg i'm surprised you don't get ants if you don't vacuum often! geez i have to sweep the floor after every meal or the ants will come. i have no clue where they hide or how they come in, but the ants will come find anything on the floor- forces me to be such a neat freak!