Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hubby Time!

I LOVE my hubby more than words can even say! That means it's a bummer to me when I can't spend quality time with him because of Bug. That also means that I try to get in time with him in whatever ways I can. I know most of you moms out there have struggled with "hubby time" ever since you had baby #1. I'm not sure, but I suspect it gets even more difficult with subsequent children. It is so important to maintain a good marriage in order to be a good parent. *A side note of complete seriousness: If you are having marital struggles, please take a moment to consider ways to fix the problems, even if it means counseling. Our world is too full of divorce and other diseases of the family. Protect the sanctity of the family! It is too precious and too important!!!!! This should probably be put into a Please Research post, which I may do in the future, but please know: creating and raising righteous and successful families is one of the most important things we will ever do in this world! The LDS church has a Proclamation to the world concerning the family. It is something that everyone should read, even if they aren't members of the LDS church. The Family: A Proclamation to the World

One way I have recently found to get some fun time with my wonderful husband (whether or not Bug is around) is to play Truth or Dare. This can range from funny dares (I dared my hubby to wear our son in a baby wrap at the grocery store...even though he thinks wraps are girly) to more intimate dares (get creative...sometimes the sexy can even be hilarious!!! and that's ok)! The same goes for the Truths. Get to know him better, even if you have been married for years. Don't get offended, though. Keep this game light and fun. I had such a blast, and so did my husband. He wants to play all the time now! It was a chance for us to be goofy, and show our love. I was cracking up laughing nearly the whole time. I really felt like it was a great bonding experience with my other half! Give it a try!

No comments: