Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Books to nurse by

Ever since I got pregnant with Bug, I have found great joy in reading parenting books. I might even say that I like parenting books better than the Harry Potter series!!! Here are some of the breastfeeding books that I have read and loved, that I want to read, or that have be recommended to me:

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding. The La Leche League must have for nursing. I must admit, I have never read this book. But it comes highly recommended. I'm sure it is great, because it is a product of LLLI.

Mothering Your Nursing Toddler by Norma Jane Bumgarner. This is a book that I DO have, and have read. It is excellent for mother nursing toddlers. These are the women who seem to not need as much support (they've made it this far, right?) but may struggle the most!

Breastfeeding Made Simple by Nancy Mohrbacher and Kathleen Kendall-tackett. This was my first breastfeeding book. I've read it front to back twice, and I've flipped to specific chapters many other times. It is great for understanding the basic idea that breastfeeding is natural.

The Breastfeeding Book by Martha and William Sears. I am a huge fan of the Sears Library. I don't have this book...yet. I keep reminding myself to only buy them one at a time. I'm sure it is full of goodness and wonderful support! They also sell The Baby Book, which has a wonderful chapter on breastfeeding!

Nursing Mother, Working Mother by Gale Pryor and Kathleen Huggins. I am not a working mother (well, I'm not getting paid for my work), but I hear this is a great book for moms who return to work after their post partum period.

The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by Jack Newman and Teresa Pitman. Yet another book to help answer all the questions that mothers have about nursing their babies.

Find more books about breastfeeding here.

No comments: