Saturday, August 9, 2008

Warm and Wet

All those who shower with their babies know that it can both be easier and harder at the same time. Easier, because you know you are going to get soaked anyway, might as well strip down and shower. Harder...well, here's just one example of how it's harder: I had just gotten Bug and myself ready to step into the shower when he starts crying and complaining of severe hunger ("Didn't I just feed you 10 minutes ago!?!"). So, I do what any good mother would do, I sit down on the closest chair, aka The Toilet, and nurse my naked son. My husband walks in and laughs at me, while I try to explain that I am NOT using the toilet, I'm just sitting here nursing. I give an exasperated sigh as he gives me a grin that says "He just HAD to eat, huh?" Hubby knows I'm a sucker and will nurse at the slightest little whine Bug gives me. And just as I am joking to my hubby that Bug will probably pee on me, I find myself warm and wet. Hey! I haven't even turned the shower on yet. I quickly jump into the tub to save the bathroom floor from a serious need of mopping. I finish up nursing, covered in pee, and then proceed to shower myself and the little tinkler. At least he didn't poop on me.

No comments: