Tuesday, December 9, 2008

mamamamamamamama...

Recently, Bug has learned how to say "Mama". How sweet, right?! The only problem is that he thinks it is the only word in the whole universe. Well, other than "baba", which I'm hoping is "ball", but works for other things, too. And "Megan". That was just a fluke, I'm sure. Or he just really loves his aunt, and can't wait to see her again. Erm...sorry Megs, it was a fluke.

My mother-in-law is convinced that Bug knows what he means when he says "mama", because he said it while he was "distressed". I can't seem to agree, though. Maybe it's because I'm home with Bug all day, and I hear him calling me while he is crawling toward his ball. (I guess "baba" isn't even the word for "ball".) True, he does say it when he is upset. He will crawl up to me, crying and whining in his cute voice, "mama". But, he doesn't stop saying it after I've picked him up. And he continues saying it when he wants me to put him down.

I never thought my baby's first word (and I'm hesitant to even call it that), would make me want to pull my hair out! I have, more or less, come to the conclusion that "mama" means "nap time". For both of us!

No comments: